Monday, January 4, 2010

The beginning of a blog and love

Blog. It has become so foreign to me to pull thoughts, ideas, and feelings out of my head and put them into writing. Lately God has been in the business of redeeming things in my life. I guess one of the reasons for setting out on this adventure is to trust Him with that old part of my life, to bring it back and dust it off. In the last few years I have put myself into the rut of not thinking. I think in mini blogs all day long, but nothing like I used to, really taking a step back and looking at my life and all that surrounds it, most importantly how God has been growing me. My dearest roommate has told me several times to start a blog. I doubted I would be able to since I am a talker by nature, not a writer. I have crappy grammar and punctuation at times and my spelling is atrocious. Oh well, I am believing God for the ability to let Him speak into my life through writing and not limiting myself to having conversations with others since I may not always have others to talk to. Now I venture into writing and thinking and talking to God more. This is a bit scary, not gonna lie.

So this is called love to the neighborhood. This is my heart and the way I want to live my life, to bring Jesus and His amazing love into the neighborhood. I am not the best lover of others but I'm growing and, honestly, that is all I want to do. Why have the love of Christ in your heart and not give it away? I do not even think it is a question of why, but how! Christ's love is so life changing and powerful that once it has hit one's heart it cannot be contained in that person, instead it flows out so much so that it becomes apparent to those around and begins to wash over them as we carryout the incarnate love of Jesus by serving and truly caring, among other things.

In this blog I pray that I may be able to explore that amazing love of Jesus, that love that extends to every person that dwells on this beautiful earth. Also, how I interact and react to this love and how it plays out in my life as I venture into my neighborhood to better share it with those who I love already, those who I am learning to love, and those who I really do not love.

No comments:

Post a Comment